The election of the first woman to the position of president of the WLA was a landmark occasion both for the Association and the global lottery community. Ms. Hargrove is a 33-year lottery industry veteran and has served as the Chief Executive of four U.S. lotteries: Illinois Lottery, Florida Lottery, Georgia Lottery and, since September 2003, the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation. Her resume includes a long list of lottery industry, business, and civic accomplishments and honors. In particular, she has served as Senior Vice President of the World Lottery Association (September 2012¬-November 2018), and is a Past President of the North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL), the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), and of AILE (International Association of State Lotteries). She remains one of the most respected, experienced, and admired leaders in the lottery industry.
At the General Meeting, delegates also unanimously elected the following people to serve as members on the WLA Executive Committee:
- Fabio Cairoli, Chairman and CEO of Lottomatica, Italy
- Gilson César Braga, National Superintendent of Lotteries at Caixa Econômica Federal, Brazil
- Jannie Haek, CEO, Nationale Loterij, Belgium
- Andreas Kötter, CEO, Westdeutsche Lotterie GmbH & Co. OHG, Germany
- Stéphane Pallez, President and CEO of La Française des Jeux, France
- Nigel Railton, CEO, Camelot UK Lotteries, United Kingdom
- Richard Cheung, Executive Director, Customer and International Business Development, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong.
The following people have been appointed by the regional associations to serve as representatives on the WLA Executive Committee:
- Younes El Mechrafi, General Director, La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports, Morocco – representing ALA
- Luis Gama, Director, Dirección de Loterías y Quinielas, Uruguay – representing CIBELAE
- Lynne Roiter, President and CEO of Loto-Québec, Canada – representing NASPL
- Seah Chin Siong, CEO, Singapore Pools Private Limited, Singapore – representing APLA.
The appointment of an EL representative to the WLA Executive Committee is pending.
The newly elected Executive Committee held its first meeting directly following the WLA General Meeting. At this meeting,
- Nigel Railton of Camelot UK Lotteries, United Kingdom, was appointed as Senior Vice President
- Gilson César Braga of Caixa Econômica Federal, Brazil, and Richard Cheung of The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong, were both appointed co-Vice Presidents.